Friday, October 22, 2004

Girl's night

As I remember girls night. It used to include my friend
Crystal, usually beer, and what ever else we could find
to get into. Which most always ended up at the Paw Paw
bottoms.

A fire, friends, and good conversation under the wide
open sky's. This went on for several years. But as with
life things changed. I moved to California, She got
married.

That was some where near 20 years ago. Live has gone
on to different things.

Tonight my daughter and I are having a girl's night.
No there is no beer involved. But It is one of my
favorite times. The husband and son are on a men's
retreat in the woods.

My darling I call her Gurtie. I am not sure where it
came from. But I am the only one allowed to call her
that.

She is the spiting image of me as a girl. Although I
am pretty certain I was not that cute. But pictures do
show a big resemblance.

Tonight we will make nacho's in the microwave, fix hair
(several times), paint our finger and toe nails. Sit
out on the deck in the swing with the cats. Watch
her favorite movie, cuddle up in the bed together.
Talk about all the things she wants to do in her life.

Being a mom has been the hardest thing I have ever
come across. (especially in this day). But it has
to be at the top of my list. I know my sweet momma is
in heaven laughing herself silly at me.

Well I have to go. I have a date waiting.

6 comments:

Trixie said...

What a wonderful time! I know you will both treasure the memories of it for years to come!

CrystalDiggory said...

It has NOT been twenty years! It can't have been! :) I do miss those girls' nights out, though.

jeannie diane said...

I miss them too. My boss has 5 friends she went to
high school with every year they get together some
where for a wkend. Nashville, New Orleans, Las Vegas
Hot Springs is a few of the spots they have picked.
She always comes back with come great stories.

Erudite Redneck said...

Myself, I always perferred havin' a mixed crowd. :-) And boy, were we MIXED! ;-) ... Ah, I remember a certain "beer" camp well ....

jeannie diane said...

Well ER did I forget to mention that
most times it was mixed times at
beer camp. oopps, my mistake and
I do very much remember I even have
pic's..

SBB said...

To totally change the subject, yes, my brother-in-law is your cousin. I finally asked my sister. :) Small world, eh?