Friday, December 10, 2004

The most anticipated shower of my life

I had surgery on Nov 11. This surgery was to take off
the part of my abdomen that was making it's way to my
knees. I did not intend to share all the gory details
with you all.

The afternoon after my surgery. I could tell already
that my life was going to be alot more pleasant. My
legs finally had relief from the weight that had been
bearing on them for so long. Every time I took a step
my leg had to push it up to go forward. Sitting in a
chair was not much better. They weight would cut the
blood flow and put my legs to sleep.

It did not matter if I lost weight. This was not going
away. So after years I finally had the money to do it.

I did very well the first few days. Then infection set
up. I was so sick, I almost called the funeral home to
make my arrangements. I am just now finishing up the 3rd
antibiotic.

They removed the last of 4 drains that I went home with
today. I feel free finally. I do still have a little stuff
draining off of my incision. But it is so much better than
it was.

As the nurse removed the drain today. She said I guess you
know what this means. I CAN TAKE A SHOWER!!!! I have never
in my life gone a month with out a bath or shower.

Sponge baths are just not the same. I could sit on the side
of the tub wash and shave my legs. Do the rest at the sink.
I still have to wait until tomorrow morning. 24hours after
the drain is removed.

I can not wait to feel that hot water on my body. She told
me I could not stay in the shower to long. I don't care just
a few minutes will be the best shower of my life.

I will say this. Even though I have been so sick. I would do
this again. Just for the physical benefits. They took 13 pounds
off. I can reach my toes again. I can shave my legs without
having to be a acrobat. My back thinks it has died and gone
to heaven. My legs feel as if they have been loosed.

I am hoping that one day I can run again. I have not been able
to run for at least 20 yrs. I dream of running. I know that
is silly. But I used to love just running.

Hope all of you are doing well. Sorry it has been so long.

6 comments:

Trixie said...

Bless your heart! Make the most of that shower! Congratulations on being able to get this done. I can tell it will really be a blessing to your life.

Today, a shower. Soon, a run. It sounds like a wonderful plan. Keep us posted as you go, OK?

SBB said...

I've been praying for ya. Keep up the good reports!

Powersleeper said...

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. My wife just went through a life changing surgery herself. Enjoy life and never lose the child inside of you.

jeannie diane said...

Thanks guys, please keep praying. Since
I wrote that. I have had to have another
surgery. Little did I know it would be
my last shower again for a while. I am
so sick of being sick. I will be back
when I am able.

CrystalDiggory said...

I hope you're better soon. We're praying for a fast recovery and healing for you.

Erudite Redneck said...

You're alive! You left yer tracks on my blog just now! :-) Yay! Now, write us up something! :-)