Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Just a day in my life

The tv is playing a modern version of cartoons. I personally
do not get them. The house is a mess, remnants of Christmas
paper on the floor, Christmas toys everywhere, half built
log houses.

There are 3 cats Snow ball (solid white daughter's baby) princess
(long haired striped annoying) Oliver Wendell Douglas (solid black
cat son'safter Green Acres fame) 2 puppies the biggest
chocolate (son's big boy)smallest chocolate (daughter's
Rose Grace) All 5 of these are running, playing, chasing
one another.

I wonder when the mess will be cleaned up. Not for at least
12 yrs. That should be when the youngest should go off to
college. So between now and then I will do my best to make
sure that the mess is a controlled mess.

I think I fell into that June Cleaver illusion. I really thought
that when I had a family. We would have a clean home, play well
together, get home work done. You know just like on tv.

Boy have I had a rude awakening. My house is never clean even
on the day when I work my butt off to get it clean. And I
never remember Beaver and Wally screaming at each other.
Ripping things from one another, slamming doors and
crying. I can deal with the crying for a scrapped knee.
But the crying for he said she said is not so easy.

And just who the heck did her laundry? I never remember
seeing her doing laundry. There was 4 of them, there is
4 of us. The laundry is a never ending, ever growing
heaping pile.

I guess after hearing ER talk about his baby bird. 12 yrs
is not all that long. They are big enough to at least
carry those heaping piles of laundry to the laundry room
now.

And one just stopped by to hug and kiss me. What the
heck am I complaining about. I have the good life.

1 comment:

CrystalDiggory said...

I know what you mean, and there's just two of us to pick up after. I like to think I just have different priorities...