Wednesday, October 10, 2007

In 30 years

I have been thinking alot about my mortality. Then Trixie came in with the news from her doctor. This body I have is the only one I will get. I will have to admit. I have not been all that kind to it.

I make it carry an extra 100 lbs. I do not put useful fuel in it. I do not let it just go out for a nice walk in the park. I force it to drink fluids that do not help it to flush out.

As a care giver of this temple. I have failed. The one book I trust more than any other. My King James Holy Bible. Tells my it is a temple. That I keep, as unto God. I can only imagine what he thinks of me. I know he loves me, and wants to help. But I have to be willing to take the help.

A childhood friend is gone, she was 44. I am not sure what happened. I have ideals. None of which are pleasant. This has really grieved me. I have sent my 1st 45 yrs living like I did not care if my body failed me.

Now I am trying figure out how to get another 45 yrs out of it. Not just yrs but good yrs. With my mind and body working well. I want to be a grandmother like my sweet momma was. She played with them. Made Christmas candy for days. Pick out Christmas dresses for the girls.

I remember my Deer Hunter took his 1st steps in front of her. I want that. I want to cook for days before the holidays. Play in the water. I want to make everyone of them a quilt.

DANG IT, I want more yrs. I have so much left to do. I have started a book. Crystal has been helping me with it. Maybe I will share some of it here. When it gets a little more polished.

Well, Ava and I are going out to enjoy a short walk. :-)

3 comments:

Trixie said...

We can do this, my friend. We have to. There are too many precious memories we need to make for ourselves and all the people we love. I have my first class with the dietician this morning (I better get dressed!) I'm going to learn how to polish up my temple too. Let's make this trip together!

Anonymous said...

I want you around for another 45 years, too. And I want to be there, too, of course. Count me in on this journey. It'll be just one more adventure we take together.

Crystal

Erudite Redneck said...

Dang. Do I know yer 44-year-old-friend?? E-mail me.