Saturday, July 30, 2005

need a little help

Hey friends,
I have not been here much lately. Some of that is
because our computer at home crashed. But other is
because, I am having a real hard time concentrating.

I was diagnosis with epilepsy last fall. It seem I
am having more mini maul seizures. I have also had
one grand maul seizure while I was asleep. My husband
woke up to the bed shaking. It eventual passed.

I of course had no memory of it. This is starting to
affect my job performance. For the 1st time in my life.
I did not get the full raise on evaluation. She told
me I needed to speed up and make better use of my time.

I have had some other medical procedures done lately that
I am still paying for(and I do have insurance go figure)
As soon as I get them paid for I have got to go back to
see the neurologist. I have a real hard time getting around
also.

This sounds like I am 70, but I am only 43. I have days when
I can move pretty good. But then I will have several days that
I find it very hard to just get out of a chair. I am also having
hand tremors. One night my fore finger was jumping for several
seconds..I have been dropping things, or knocking them off when
I try to pick them up..

It is hard to not be depressed. Just typing this little bit my
hand are trembling. And that is what I do for a living..I
may be able to find a job with less stress and skill. But my
family would suffer as we would take a big pay cut..

I am open to any and all advice..
Hope all of you are doing well..

Thanks

4 comments:

Trixie said...

I hope you get to a neurologist as soon as possible. I don't have epilepsy and only have a few friends who have it (or their children do), so I don't know that much about it. However, I do have a tremor in my hands which is a family trait (at least for the past four generations, on my mom's side). So I know about that hand-shaking and finger-twitching stuff, losing your grip and the like. I've found that simply pressing my hand flat against a table or other surface sometimes stops the tremor.
I did see a neurologist about it when it started hampering my handwriting (a bad thing for someone who has to take notes for a living). He told me mine is an "essential tremor" which means it isn't Parkinson's or any other neurological disorder.
I've learned that I can use my Palm Pilot with a folding keyboard for note-taking. Somehow typing is easier for me than writing with a pencil or pen. There are times when I can't even read my own signature.
So I really do hope you will make a way to see a doctor and find out for sure what is going on. The sooner you get in, the sooner you can be helped, even if you have other bills on the pile. ((HUGS))

CrystalDiggory said...

Hey, sweetie, I didn't know if it would be faster to send a message or e-mail, so I'll do both. Have you been taken medication for the epilepsy? If so, ask your doctor or pharmacist about side effects. That may be the culprit. If not, get to the neurologist as soon as you can.

jeannie diane said...

Thank you girls, I am trying to do
that. I had a bad day today. I am
just now feeling like I am coming
out of the fog. I will let you know
as soon as I can get to the doc..

SBB said...

You're in my prayers.